We are looking for a gardener to help us out on our farms.
- Make sure the soil youth are working with is of the right quality and in good condition.
- Help youth select the right seeds for produce and flower which are ideal for Oakland’s growing conditions.
- Trim and prune shrubs and trees, feed and water the plants and of course, remove weeds.
- Know which fertilizer and pesticides to use in an organic garden in order to keep the plants healthy and provide nourishment and sustainability.
- Lay down mulch, wood chips, moss and other soil moisturizers.
- Required: Enjoyment of physical and outdoor labor.
- Highly Desirable: Ability and desire to work with youth ages 5-13
For additional information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org