ANV’s Individual Development Account (IDA) Program is one of the ways that Acta Non Verba stands out as a youth development nonprofit!
You can learn the history of IDA Accounts written by our program partners, US Bank.
Here is how Acta Non Verba’s program is different from all others:
1. Any child that spends 18 hours participating in any of our farm activities within one year is eligible to open an IDA account (see below). Regardless of family’s income.
2. Youth earn money to put in their savings accounts by participating in any of our farm programs (see below).
3. While the funds that go into these accounts are not yet matched by any institution, our accounts are indefinite. There is no preset end date for youth to participate (ie: high school graduation or a set amount saved).
4. Family members and friends can contribute directly to their child’s account with a deduction as low as 1 percent% of their net (take home) pay.
5. Savings can be used for any educational endeavor* (ie: tutoring, school applications, educational trips associated with school, SAT/ ACT prep courses fees and certain software).
6. Funds will be sent directly to the vendor or store within 3-10 business days, upon approval.
Important 2017/2018 Dates:
ANV’s IDA Eligibility Calendar
Participants who spent at least 18 hours of farm time during the following programs are eligible to open accounts/ have accounts opened on their behalf:
For 2017: Summer Camp 2017 through the end of Winter Break Camp 2017 (1/5/18)
DEADLINE FOR PARENTS TO AUTHORIZE OPENING 2017 ACCOUNTS IS 12/14/18
For 2018: Camp is from Spring Break Mini-Camp through the end of Winter Break Camp 2018 (1/4/19)
For After School Program (ASP) participants time is accrued from 1/29/2018-5/31/2018 and 9/4/18-12/21/18
DEADLINE FOR PARENTS TO AUTHORIZE OPENING 2018 ACCOUNTS IS 1/14/19
*Savings can NOT be used for school uniforms, shoes, clothing, back to school supplies, tablets, laptops (unless specifically required by an instructor). Please let ANV know if you need assistance with any of these things.
Check to see if your child is eligible!
If your child is eligible, you will be receiving a text invitation and calendar invite to a catered dinner by Chef Chris Taylor of ZELLA B. BOOSER CATERING (Camp ANV’s Former Chef and Cooking Instructor!) to open the accounts and learn more about this unique aspect of ANV’s work!