ANV’S 2011-2015 In Review Report Is Here!
Dear ANV Supporter,
2015 was an AMAZING year! For a summary of our accomplishments to date, stop by our offices to pick up a copy of our newly published report, 2011-2015 in Review. You can also download the report here. This piece details the highlights of our growing organization, including:
- Executive Director Kelly Carlisle honored by President Barack Obama, Assemblymember Rob Bonta, ABC 7, and the Super Bowl 50 Fund.
- Awarded contract to install seven school and community farms across Alameda County in 2015-2016
- Started accepting EBT payments for CSAs and produce with support from Phat Beets Produce
- Started a local Food Pantry with partner Project Access in Tassafaronga Village
- Hosted 30+ schools and non-profits to learn about farming and consulted on 20+ local gardens.
In 2016, ANV aims to further prove our commitment to our communities by providing all ages with opportunities to learn, grow, and be present as well as advocating for a more just and equitable food system, education system, and by instilling hope and excitement in the lives of our youth. We want to expand our camps to ensure more than 300 youth have access to enriching, healthy, safe, educational, and FUN activities during school breaks. But we can’t do all of this without YOUR SUPPORT!
So download our 2011-2015 In Review Report today, sign up for our newsletter, volunteer on the farm or at the camps, and donate and help us reach our campaign goal of $25,000! Together, we can grow a brighter future for youth and their families in East Oakland one tomato, book, and jumping jack at a time!