LIT After School Program (ASP) ASSISTANT
The LIT ASP Assistant collaborates with the ASP Manager to plan a leadership curriculum for the LIT (Leaders in Training) Program. The LIT ASP Assistant also implements engaging, developmentally-appropriate educational enrichment curriculum and programming which supports student learning experiences beyond the classroom. The LIT ASP Assistant will report to the After-School Program Manager.
- Plan and implement a leadership training program for middle school youth, esp. related to climate change action.
- Work directly with the ASP Manager to organize and execute a weekly schedule, including service learning activities, field trips, etc.
- Greet families during drop-offs and pick up.
- Tutor and keep youth on task during homework help
- Collaborating with Elementary-Level Counselors during homework help/farm time MWF.
- Assist the ASP Manager in addressing the ongoing needs of the students and parents
- Implement the program procedures effectively to ensure the safety and well-being of all participants
Day Camp Counselor
Day Camp Counselors are positive role models and enthusiastically enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and leading children through a variety of outdoor and indoor summertime activities. Counselors are the primary caregivers for each camper. The Counselor is responsible for partnering with other staff members and specialists to assist in teaching, coordinating, and carrying out activities as well as guiding campers in their personal growth and daily living skills. Typical tasks for a Camp Counselor could include:
- Participating in a friendly game of capture the flag or kick-ball
- Teaching kids how to be in nature during Farm club or on a camping trip
- Cooling off with creative pool/water-based activities
- Engaging in meaningful conversation with youth (relationship building)
- Educating kids about proper nutrition and healthy living
- Supervising a fun field trip (weekly)
- Interacting with parents and summer camp attendees to build lasting relationships
Are you a backyard farmer or gardener that wants to share your knowledge? Are you a writer inspired by nature or someone who loves to plan events? We need you!
There are many opportunities to work with us at Acta Non Verba, and we are always looking for amazing people to help out with our projects, from the garden to the classroom to the office. Check out our available positions below. Don’t see what you’re looking for? Contact us at [email protected] to find out how we can work together!
For general volunteer inquiries or to be on the general volunteer list, please apply here:
Acta Non Verba is looking for a detail-oriented person to work part time/volunteer as an Administrative & Operations Assistant. We are looking for a passionate and motivated volunteer with administrative and operational duties in the ANV office. This includes tasks such as filing, data entry, web and social media population, assisting with our day-camp administrative operations, etc.
Acta Non Verba is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented intern to assist with social media. The social media intern will work directly with each team to create content with the goal of building community through our online presence, developing brand awareness, and generating inbound traffic.
Acta Non Verba is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented volunteer to assist with graphic design. The graphic design volunteer will work directly with each team to create content for social media, communications, and outreach.
Acta Non Verba is looking for a Development Volunteer who is passionate about supporting and growing the community of Acta Non Verba supporters. This is a unique position for someone who is interested in assisting with a range of nonprofit development tasks, including communicating with donors, tracking donor information, planning and assisting with fundraising campaigns, and providing support on grant writing.
We need a carpenter to help us build, finish, and repair small garden and farm structures using wood, concrete, and metal.
ASP tutors meet weekly with students enrolled in nearby elementary schools, who are residents of Tassafaronga Village and are enrolled in the after-school program.
Acta Non Verba (ANV) is an equal employment opportunity employer and strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply. ANV does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, medical condition including genetic characteristics, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, (including transgender status), weight, height, linguistic characteristics (such as accent and limited English proficiency, where not substantially job-related), citizenship status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Women and Men of color strongly encouraged to apply.
Small stipends may be available to internships and volunteer opportunities. Volunteer opportunities and internships require at least 5-8 hours per week, unless you have more time. Schedule is flexible, but most days will require a minimum of a half hour to keep communications constant. We require a minimum three-month commitment.