Social Media Intern Description
Acta Non Verba is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented intern to assist with social media. The social media intern will work directly each team to create content with the goal of building community through our online presence, developing brand awareness, and generating inbound traffic.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage ANV’s social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, and community boards
- Create daily engaging content to grow social media presence
- Research information and news pertinent to Acta Non Verba
- Respond to social media inquiries and coordinate with other departments to either resolve issues or forward requests as appropriate
- Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities
- Proactively contact influential targets through email, facebook and twitter
- Support with photography, videography and editing
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills Required:
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and participants; knowledgeable of latest developments and understanding of how to implement
- Experience using analytical tools
- Thorough understanding of social media platforms for brands, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Google, and blogs
- Self-motivation and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Creativity and a willingness to experiment
- Interest in consulting, marketing, and/or media involving social networking
- Current social media presence a plus
- Photography/videography and/or editing experience is a plus
- Graphic Design Experience (preferred)
- Interest in the ANV mission to elevate life in the inner city by challenging oppressive dynamics and environments through urban farming
While we will prioritize candidates who have relevant experience, we are also excited about folks with limited experience but who are eager to learn, passionate about our work, reliable, and able to make at least a 6 month commitment. Working with Acta Non Verba is an opportunity to grow, be creative, wear many hats, and be a part of a fun team and community working to build a movement to elevate life in the inner city by challenging oppressive dynamics and environments through urban farming. We hope you’ll join us!
This is an unpaid position, but we can provide school credits, service hours, and work out transportation stipends.
For additional information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org