Join ANV’s Executive Board and Make More Smiles!
Help ANV Make More Smiles In East Oakland! ANV is looking for folks passionate about our mission to join our Executive Board!
We are looking specifically for folks with legal and accounting/ bookkeeping backgrounds, but we welcome ALL applicants! See the Board Member Job Description and find out more HERE: https://anvfarm.org/about/jointheboard/
What are Individual Board Member Responsibilities? Below is a short list compiled by BoardSource please take a look and see if you think ANV Board Membership is for you!
Individual board member responsibilities
Attend all board and committee meetings and functions, such as special events.
- Be informed about the organization’s mission, services, policies, and programs.
- Review agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
- Serve on committees or task forces and offer to take on special assignments.
- Make a personal financial contribution to the organization.
- Inform others about the organization.
- Suggest possible nominees to the board who can make significant contributions to the work of the board and the organization.
- Keep up-to-date on developments in the organization’s field.
- Follow conflict-of-interest and confidentiality policies.
- Refrain from making special requests of the staff.
- Assist the board in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities, such as reviewing the organization’s annual financial statements.