Camp ANV’s 2020 Camps
A Safe, Clean, EDUCATIONAL place to GROW! AND a TON of FUN!
Gardening, Cooking, Fantastic Field Trips!! PLUS, Earn $$$**!!!
SUMMER SESSION DATES:
Session I: June 8 – July 3 & Session II: July 13 – August 7
$100/week per camper
(Price increases June 1st!)
(Limited Camperships are available upon request. Please see the Enrollment Application for details.)
9:30am – 1:00pm*
“Always together, never apart. maybe in distance, but never in heart!”
Camp ANV’s online program is created for 5 – 15-year-olds, but we welcome online campers of any age! **Please Note: Some activities may need a caregivers assistance, for example, Logging In and Cooking Class.
Supplies for camp activities will be inside your campers Camp-In-A-Box and Cooking Kits, and you’ll receive a Newsletter with the Plan-of-the-Week and recipes weekly when you or your camper pick up your box and kit! (You’ll also receive an e-newsletter, just in case!)
We’re observing social distancing by running our five-day camp experience ALMOST entirely ONLINE!
Since 2012, our eight-week Summer Camp, and our Fall, Winter, and Spring school holiday camps consistently offer these opportunities for your camper(s):
- Offers students the opportunity to complete arts, science, and reading projects,
- Teaches students healthy cooking and nutrition,
- Conducts activities that promote fitness,
- Provides a safe space for youth to learn the fun and business sides of sustainable agriculture,
- And develops financial literacy by depositing earnings from sales of the harvest into bank accounts that can only be used by students for educational purposes.
For the first time ever, Camp ANV will be hosted entirely online, so a good internet connection and digital device will be vital.
Because Acta Non Verba firmly believes that Every Child Deserves a Childhood, we will not let the Digital Divide stop your camper(s) from fully participating in any of our programs.
During registration, you will have the opportunity to let Camp ANV know if you need to borrow a device or if you don’t have access to WiFi and we will do all we can to assist you and your camper in enjoying all that Camp ANV has to offer!
Elementary Level Campers: Grades K-5 (starting at 5 years old)
Leaders in Training (LITs) middle school aged youth, Grades 6-8
Just like our usual In-Person Camp, your camper(s) will be placed into their age appropriate online group, which they choose for themselves the name of at the beginning of summer, (ex: Little Seeds, Sundials, Watermelons, Leaders In Training [LiTs]) where they will remain for the entirety of the session/ summer.
Every week, your campers will receive their Camp-In-A-Box and Cooking Kit which will contain everything your camper needs for camp that week or the following week. (*One per age group per household!)
Families MUST register by WEDNESDAY of the previous week!
To get these you can:
- Pick-up at our farm at Tassafaronga Park (1001 83rd Ave. 94621) every Friday between 2pm and 5pm,
- Received by Mail (Please contact Camp ANV directly.) Mailed every Thursday for families that do not live or work in the area.
Each morning, our counselors will be ready to greet your campers in a secured video conference “room” where they will start out with Mindful Mornings stretching exercises, a short meditation and affirmations!
Then, after discussing the Plan-of-the-Day they will roll right into their first activity of the day, and it’s non-stop fun from there!
You can check out THIS Calendar to see the daily schedule for Campers grades K-5!
- Reading Challenge
- Outdoor Adventures …and of COURSE
- Farming Fridays!
Use THIS Calendar for our Leaders In Training, in grades 6-8!
*For OUSD Summer Learning students, the excitement will go on for one more hour (until 2pm) with community building and check ins and our counselors leading them through the highlighted activity of the day!
We host a Summer Showcase at the end of each session on the last Friday of each session from 5:30-6:30pm. This is a chance for campers and LITs to show off what they’ve been doing at camp.
OTHER 2020 SESSIONS:
Fall Holiday Mini Camp: November 23 – 25, 2020
Winter Holiday Mini Camp I: December 21 – 23, 2020
Winter Holiday Mini Camp II: December 28 – 30, 2020
Camp ANV ONLINE Parent Manual *Coming Soon!!*
Camp ANV ONLINE FAQ’s *Coming Soon!!*
Share The Love! Tell your Friends and Family about this AMAZING Camp!!
Can’t make it to this year’s camp? Here are ways to support Camp ANV:
About Camp ANV
Camp ANV serves Oakland children ages 5-15. Since 2012, our eight-week Summer Camp, and our Fall, Winter, and Spring school holiday camps offer these opportunities for your child:
- Provides a safe space for local youth to learn the business of sustainable agriculture
- Conducts activities that promote fitness
- Teaches students healthy cooking and nutrition
- Offers students the opportunity to complete arts, science, and reading projects
- And develops financial literacy by depositing earnings from the harvest into bank accounts that can only be used by students for educational purposes
**Acta Non Verba: Youth Urban Farm Project is planned, planted and harvested and sold by youth ages 5-15 and 100% of proceeds are placed into individual savings accounts for those who participate.