Dear Community Partner,
We Were Made For These Times.
Acta Non Verba: Youth Urban Farm Project (ANV) – an East Oakland non-profit organization – was established in 2010 to empower youth to plan, plant, harvest and sell organically grown produce.
Uniquely, 100% of the proceeds are placed into savings accounts for their educational pathway.
We invite you and your organization to participate as one of our major sponsors for our upcoming annual benefit gala reception scheduled to take place on Thursday, May 11, 2017 from 6pm-10pm at 44 Restaurant and Bar in Berkeley CA. Event proceeds will benefit this summer’s Camp ANV. Get Tickets HERE!
The evening will be co-hosted by the Bay Area’s favorite media personalities Nikki Thomas and Davey D and include an intimate conversation and dinner by Celebrity Chef Matthew Raiford, a 6th generation organic farmer, Executive Chef and co-owner at The Farmer and The Larder in Brunswick, Georgia. Live music will be provided by Oakland’s own and four time Grammy winner D’Wayne Wiggins of Tony! Toni! Toné!
Since 2012, ANV’s eight-week Summer Camp has supported over 3,000 local youth and their families and this year, ANV is excited to celebrate five (5) years of successful outcomes.
Please find the event’s Sponsorship Package below for an overview of partnership opportunities. Benefit highlights:
- Social media, print, and/or email promotion to over 25,000 local residents
- Banner space at the event
- Reserved seating and/or VIP event tickets
- Tax-deductible donation
We hope you will join ANV in showing your community commitment and help share a passionate message for environmental and social justice by sponsoring our community event.
For more information, please contact Kelly Carlisle at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510.972.3276 or our event consultant LaNiece Jones at email@example.com.
Your support will help us continue to achieve our goals, build community, and make East Oakland a safe, healthy, and equitable place to live. We hope you will join us and support this empowering community event. Thank you for your sustained support!
Kelly D. Carlisle
Founder/ Executive Director
CAMP ANV provides a space for local youth to:
- Learn the business of sustainable agriculture,
- Participate in fun activities that promote fitness,
- Discover healthy cooking and nutrition,
- Undertake interactive arts, science, and reading projects,
- And develop financial literacy by depositing earnings from the harvest into bank accounts that can only be used by students for educational purposes.
Over the last five (5) years, Acta Non Verba has:
- Served more than 3,000 youth through our seasonal Camps, After-School Program, Junior Farmer’s Program, and community events;
- Planted and harvested 22 garden beds, with produce sold to 10 CSAs and three local restaurants as well as provided free of charge to nearby low-income families through our food pantry;
- Expanded from one Summer Camp ANV to four seasonal camps during each Oakland Unified School District holiday, providing a safe space for local youth to learn the business of sustainable agriculture, engage in activities that promote fitness, learn about healthy cooking and nutrition, complete arts, science, and reading projects, and get outside into nature;
- Developed financial literacy and a pathway to success by depositing all earnings from the farm harvest into bank accounts for participating youth that can only be used by students for educational purposes.
We Were Made For These Times Sponsorship Opportunities:
Garden Delight Sponsor ($5,000)
- Naming Benefits: Major Sponsor of our 2017 summer activities
- Marque company ID listing in all marketing and promotional collateral, press materials & social media
- Reserved event seating for 10 guests and gift bags
- Prominent online sponsor profiles: e-newsletter, Facebook and Twitter
- Onsite speaking and signage opportunities
- Full-Color Inside or Back Page Advertisement in the Commemorative Program Booklet
Heirloom Tomato Sponsor ($3,000)
- Naming Benefits: Sponsor one of the activities on the Field trip
- Reserved event seating for eight (8) guests and gift bags
- Company ID sponsor listing in marketing and promotional collateral, press materials & social media
- Online sponsor profiles: e-newsletter, Facebook and Twitter
- Onsite speaking and signage opportunities
- Full-Color Page Advertisement in the Commemorative Program Booklet
Summer Squash Sponsor ($1,500)
- Reserved event seating for four (4) guests and gift bags
- Company ID sponsor listing in marketing and promotional collateral & social media
- Special acknowledgement in online platforms: e-newsletter, Facebook and Twitter
- Half-Color Page Advertisement in the Commemorative Program Booklet
Chocolate Mint Sponsor ($750)
- Event tickets for four (4) guests and gift bags
- Acknowledgement in online platforms: e-newsletter, Facebook and Twitter
- Biz Card Page Advertisement in the Commemorative Program Booklet
HOW DO I BECOME A SPONSOR?
1. Pay for your sponsorship online at http://anvcelebrates7.bpt.me;
2. Send checks payable to Social and Environmental Entrepreneurs (our 501(c)3 fiscal sponsor, EIN # 95-4116679) at 1001 83rd Ave. Mailbox #1, Oakland, CA 94621 with “Camp ANV Sponsorship” in the note line.
If you have questions or want to learn more, please contact LaNiece Jones, lajones&associates, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510.568.5589.