Sponsor Acta Non Verba’s “Grow Your Imagination” Silent Reading Party Benefit on 11/29/18!
Dear Community Partner,
Acta Non Verba: Youth Urban Farm Project (ANV) – an East Oakland non-profit organization – was established in 2010 to empower youth to plan, plant, harvest and sell organically grown produce. Uniquely, 100% of the proceeds are placed into savings accounts for their educational pathway.
Today, we are writing to invite you and your organization to participate as one of our major sponsors for our upcoming Silent Reading Party Benefit scheduled to take place on Thursday, November 29, 2018 from 6pm-9pm at the San Francisco Ferry Building in San Francisco, CA. Event proceeds will benefit our fall and winter programs.
The evening will be hosted by a very special guest and include a short reading, wine and heavy appetizers from the numerous delicious vendors at the Ferry Building. Awards will be presented to our new Victory V. Lee Award for Excellence awardees.
Since 2010, ANV has supported over 3,500 local youth and their families. This year, ANV is excited to celebrate 8 years of successful outcomes.
- Social media, print, and/or email promotion to over 25,000 local residents
- Banner space at the event
- Reserved seating and/or VIP event tickets
- Tax-deductible donation
Your support will help us continue to achieve our goals, build community, and make East Oakland a safe, healthy, and equitable place to live and GROW! We look forward to seeing you at this empowering community event. Thank you for your continued and sustaining support.
Kelly D. Carlisle
Founder/ Executive Director
About Acta Non Verba: Youth Urban Farm Project (ANV)
ANV provides a space for local youth to:
- Learn the business of sustainable agriculture,
- Participate in fun activities that promote fitness,
- Discover healthy cooking and nutrition,
- Undertake interactive arts, science, and reading projects,
- And develop financial literacy by depositing earnings from the harvest into bank accounts that can only be used by students for educational purposes.
Over the last Eight (8) years, Acta Non Verba has:
- Served more than 3,500 youth through our seasonal Camps, After-School Program, Leaders In Training (LIT) Program, and community events;
- Planted and harvested 22 garden beds at ANV Farm @Tassafaronga Park,
- Designed and maintain a farm with 26 raised beds and 10 fruit trees at the Oakland Stadium in partnership with the Oakland Athletics,
- The 1/ 8th acre WOW Farm in West Oakland is now a project of ANV with produce sold through our:
- Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) business and local restaurants as well as provided free of charge to nearby low-income families through our food pantry;
- Expanded from one Summer Camp ANV to four seasonal camps during each Oakland Unified School District (OUSD) holiday, providing a safe space for local youth to learn the business of sustainable agriculture, engage in activities that promote fitness, learn about healthy cooking and nutrition, complete arts, science, and reading projects, and get outside into nature;
- Developing financial literacy and a pathway to success by depositing all earnings from the farm harvest into bank accounts for participating youth that can only be used by students for educational purposes.